Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hilo - Orchid Farm



Established in 1974, Akatsuka Orchid Gardens has been a prominent grower and retailer of Cattleya orchids for over 30 years. Behind it all, Mr. Moriyasu Akatsuka who has been in the orchid business for decades, brings with him many years of orchid experience. Prior to his establishment here in Hawaii, Mr. Akatsuka worked in a family orchid nursery in Japan. There are over 500 blooming orchids on display, including his “mother plants” and their hybrid offspring. We have a large variety of orchids on display that include Dendrobiums, Oncidiums, Phalaenopsis, Miltonia, Odontoglossums and more. We are constantly evolving with the floral industry. Beyond our orchids, we also offer Anthuriums, Bromeliads and Tropical Cut Flower arrangements.


                     _________________________________________________________________




At this stop we saw some of the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen.  I was a little disappointed we didn't get to a botanical garden where we may have seen some flowers in a "natural" setting, or even better I would have liked to have seen wild orchids.  Now let me state there is nowhere else we could have gone to see the type of flowers we saw at Akatsuka Gardens.  The variety and the colours were outstanding. 

Add to this the flowers were inside thus there was not wind or elements to contend with while trying to take the two necessary photos in order to produce a 3D photo.  This resulted in me getting some of the best 3D flower photos I have taken to date.

I do hope you enjoy the photos, I am very proud of most of them.. Because of the variety of flowers we saw, I am posting all the photos I took at this stop even the ones that are less successful as I think you will find something enjoyable in each and every shot.



Next Post:  Rainbow Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment